New green and sustainable technology
Integral to the heat plants, the Olds Elevator is superior technology for biomass energy production.
Olds Elevator - New Solutions
- Dust emission is virtually eliminated. Any fine particles (dust) are contained in the full-bore mode of flow.
- Provides an inherent explosion barrier or choke due to its full-bore mode that will prevent explosions or deflagrations propagating to other parts of the plant.
- Unique design avoids the high-risk ignition sources that can occur inside conventional elevators, especially bucket elevators.
- Reduces waste
- Improves safety
- Higher efficiency
- Smaller foot print
- Healthier workplace environment
- Fewer components
Energy and Resource Conservation with Olds Elevator Technology
- Bulk materials move directly from floor level to feed processes - no intermediate screw feeders or storage hoppers needed
- Loss-in-weight feeders often eliminated
- Outperforms pneumatic systems without costly compressors, blowers, vacuum or dust control equipment
- Since only interstitial air is transported during elevation, dust control needs are greatly reduced
- Reduced manpower requirements - simple operation
- Silent operation obviates noise reduction measures
- Wear components are inexpensive, easily accessed and simple to replace
- Operates with low amp draw
- Space savings calculated in 100s of cubic feet compared with conventional conveyors
"I see the Olds Elevator replacing lots of bucket elevators," - Associate Professor Peter Wypych,
More about Sustainable Design.
Patented worldwide. More Patent Applications and Patents Pending. Enquiries about licencing this new technology are welcome.